Monday, August 23, 2010

A Dream and a Vest

Last night I dreamed that my blog had a ton of followers. Three days ago I also dreamed that I was a major league baseball player. Some things will just never come true.

Anyway, on with the post. I had been working on a crocheted sweater/jacket thing about a week ago, and when I was trying on the body before the sleeves were attached, I thought to myself, "This looks like a vest! How cute would a vest be?!" Mind you, I don't own any vests. I've never felt the urge to wear a vest. However, one cannot stop a girl once vest-possessed. So, I searched around online, found a free pattern, and got to work.

I used this pattern as my basis, but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you're feeling adventurous. It has quite a few errors and confusing instructions (it is free). I didn't follow the instructions exactly, either; I chose to make it smaller then the stated small size using myself as a form, which led to me having to redo the back, but it all turned out really well in the end. The whole thing took about 2 days.

No comments: