Friday, March 25, 2011

In which I get lucky twice


This is my TV stand. I got it at Goodwill for $50. I was actually a little disappointed I had to pay $50 for it, but it's solid wood and there was no way I was going to buy something new that was laminate and cost twice as much. Plus I was really desperate at the time, since my living room looked like this:


Watching TV while it was on the floor was not so fun. I was worried when I was looking that I wouldn't be able to fit a stand in the skinny/smallish space in that corner.


I stood in the Goodwill looking at the stand for a good 15 minutes arguing with myself about whether it would fit. Eventually I bit the bullet and took it home, and phew did I get lucky. It fit both the space and the TV perfectly, and it wasn't that ugly. If I had my way I would strip and restain it, but that's a bigger project for another day. The more immediate facelifts: 1) finding that basket that's in the top picture to hold movies and 2) replacing the drawer knob with something with a little more pizazz soon. I found the basket for like $12 at HomeGoods, and that thing slid into the space like it was made for it (lucky break #2). I also have plans to spruce it up as well. All in good time.

No comments: